April 15, 2018
Video preaching on ‘Christ’s Propitiation’ (hilasmos)
On this morning I preached from 1 John 4:7-11, I zoomed-in on Christ’s propitiatory sacrifice.
What did Christ’s propitiatory work implicate?
- That Christ atoned for the sins of His church
- That Christ is the Lamb…the mercy seat
- That Christ fully appeased the wrath of God (for His church)
- That Christ reconciles the sinner to His Father
- That Christ expiates sin (and removes the stain of sin)
- That Christ placates Divine wrath
- That Christ annuls the power of sin
- That Christ covers and remits sin.
One of the fellows in this line later contacted me. He’s ripe for the harvest, but only the Lord knows.
After this sermon I attended a conference. One of the many Professors said the following ~
“There are two things necessary for salvation. 1) There must be a penalty paying for sin. 2) There must be righteousness. Christ paid the penalty for His Church, and it is Christ’s righteousness that we must be imputed with.”